Cynthia Remmers practices as an effective mediator, arbitrator and independent workplace fact-finder for a full range of individual, multiple-party and class action employment, intellectual property, and business disputes. In every engagement, Cynthia draws on her 30+ years of legal expertise and multicultural experiences gained as:
- a senior in-house employment counsel in Asia and California;
- a successful trial lawyer and law firm partner;
- a Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals law clerk and Supreme Court of California extern; and
- an involved Board member of numerous diverse professional associations and non-profit organizations.
Cynthia has acted as an arbitrator in scores of cases covering a full range of employment claims, as well as a number of intellectual property, business contract and other disputes. She has arbitrated the claims of individuals, multiple-parties and in class actions.
For over 16 years Cynthia has served as an arbitrator exclusively as a member of the American Arbitration Association’s (AAA) panels. Cynthia does not accept any non-AAA arbitrator appointments. In fact, over 20 years ago Cynthia served on an advisory group that helped craft AAA’s first Employment Arbitration and Mediation Procedures. Cynthia also has taught and/or attended numerous AAA and other arbitration training sessions.
As an arbitrator, Cynthia takes conflicts of interest, and the appearance of conflicts, very seriously. Generally, she will decline to serve as an arbitrator in cases where she has served as a mediator or arbitrator for any of the same parties or in any case with any of the same attorneys.
- For Owners/Executives/HR Professionals - How the Hat You Wear Impacts Your Employment Arbitrations
|For Owners/Executives/HR Professionals - How the Hat You Wear Impacts Your Employment Arbitrations||-||Recorded Webinar||OPEN|