Making The Most Of MediationForward to colleague
Session ID: PRW006-14
Registration Status: OPEN
Registration for this program closes on
Faculty and Summary
In today’s pressure-cooker litigation environment, mediation has become an ADR option for an increasing number of judges who order it, and litigators and parties who voluntarily select it. Yet, too many litigators fail to understand that effective mediation advocacy is not the same as zealous litigation advocacy.
In this practical recorded webinar, an experienced mediator and expert trial lawyer provide10 best practice tips to help attorneys and mediators maximize the mediation process. Tips covered include:
1. Matching the right mediator to each individual dispute
2. Designing a mediation process tailored to the dynamics and personalities involved
3. Enlisting the mediator’s assistance in understanding how interests and perspectives can lead to better solutions
4. Replacing traditional positional bargaining with interest-based bargaining
5. Educating and preparing clients to participate more effectively in the process
6. Communicating your most cogent points directly to the decision maker on the other side
7. Developing commercial, construction, employment, labor. an offer/concession strategy that keeps you one step ahead of opposing counsel
You’ll leave this program with ten key mediation strategies to help you maximize the mediation process.
Who Should Attend?
Commercial, construction, employment and labor attorneys, arbitrators and mediators will benefit of attending the program.
This program does not qualify for the annual Arbitrator Continuing Education (ACE) requirement.
If you purchase this recorded webinar you will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the course. You will click the course link in that email or copy and paste the link into your browser to launch the course.
CLE is currently not offered on AAA recorded webinars. Some jurisdictions will allow CLE credit for online programs, and we suggest that you confirm CLE credit availability for this type of program with the appropriate state CLE regulator. A Certificate of Attendance will be provided upon request.
Please contact AAA Education Services at AAAEducation@adr.org or 212-716-3977.